The Secret of Santa Claus

 

The Secret of Santa Claus

Christmas at Shiloh Ridge Ranch

Written by: Liz Isaacson

Caveat- this story is one of many stories within the Shiloh Ridge Ranch family. I recommend reading them in order to get the full experience as the perspective goes back and forth between not just the main characters but also other family members.

The Secret of Santa Claus is definitely more focused on Christmas than the rest of the Shiloh Ridge Ranch series has been- most of it takes place within the ramp-up to the Christmas season. I enjoyed reading about the unique idea of a Santa Claus passed through the generations whose identity is secret in addition to this particular one being female. I did get frustrated with some of the situations that Holly Ann gets herself in with poor planning or planning ahead to have to break dates/ cancel last minute. I am impressed with how dedicated the Grover brothers and cousins are in maintaining that there is one girl for them and they are willing to go the distance when they find the one- even if they haven't known her for very long. 

As I am reading back through the series and catching up, I am eager to see how the family develops. While Liz Isaacson may not be my favorite author, I do enjoy reading her work and seeing real issues pop up in her stories as the relationships go beyond the happily ever after of the wedding. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covert Ops

Sleep Robin Hood