Brass Carriages and Glass Hearts

Brass Carriages and Glass Hearts

A Steampunk Cinderella

Written by: Nancy Campbell Allen
I was so excited to read this retelling of Cinderella. Set in the steampunk world of Nancy Campbell Allen's fictional creation I loved how she brought it all together. With a human right's advocate for a Cinderella and a police inspector as the prince charming and a fun twist for the fairy godmother, every element tied together in the end to create a meaningful story that pushes for a better world while subtly mimicking the timeless fairy tale.

Nancy's characters have strong personalities with flaws that follow their strength. She incorporates characters from previous books in ways that strengthen the story yet maintaining this story's stand alone status. The adventure and mystery drew me in so I wanted to keep reading from the very first page until I uncovered the answer to the plot while adding the perfect amount of romance to make my heart happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covert Ops

Sleep Robin Hood