Lies Jane Austen Told Me

Lies Jane Austen Told Me

Written by: Julie Wright
Emma Pierce, hopeless romantic and Jane Austen lover, and all things regency, wants her own happily ever after. After years of heartbreak and realizing her old boyfriend is only in it for a hook-up she realizes, Jane Austen lies. In fact-

"Jane Austen is a horrific liar.
I used to believe that Jane, my Jane, could never be wrong about anything. She was the quintessential authority on all things to do with love, romance, and matrimony... But as I moved into my midtwenties and no men ever acted as gallantly as Mr. Knightley or Mr. Darcy... I came to a startling and wretched revelation.
Jane never found love."

Julie Wright has created a modern book worth of Austen dramatics. With Emma in a love triangle with two brothers who are very different at a time when she decides to focus on her career, Emma is put into quite the conundrum. This conundrum creates humorous situations and witty banter as the romantic feelings grow. Emma's conflict of finding love vs. awkward family situations has the reader cheering her on, hoping she finds her happily ever after. When I am drawn into the story and excited to keeping turning the pages, I know I have found a good book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covert Ops

Sleep Robin Hood