The Dear Wife

The Dear Wife

More Than a Wife Series- Book 3


Written By: Jennifer Peel
Avery Decker in The Dear Wife embodies the woman I want to be. Her story really begins in book one of the More Than a Wife series but in page one of her own book, she stands up for herself in all of the little ways that matter. Avery opens herself up to family, get the support she needs, create boundaries, and all of this while being a mother to two teenage boys and finding a fulfilling career for herself.

 Don't get me wrong, while this story shows Avery's process of growth and self-discovery, it is truly is a book of redemption, reconciliation, and true forgiveness for heart-breaking betrayal. While not all marriages are meant to survive what Avery and James go through in this story, the strength of their love and character shines through.

Jennifer Peel's stories are a must-read and this one shines brighter than the rest. While the topic is heavy and made me cry, Jennifer weaves the story in such a way that I was rooting for Avery and James the entire time. While I wanted to punch James, I also felt such hope for him as he turned to God, his faith, and back to Avery. I don't know of another author with such skill in creating a story about such difficult topics that could make it one I will read again. Jennifer Peel was an artist with words along with the other books in her More Than a Wife series. I related to Avery as a wife, a mother, and as a woman in wanting the most out of my marriage and trying to be the best mother I can be while still trying to maintain my own sense of identity. The Dear Wife's Avery along with the heroines in this series have given me great examples of who to look up to for those goals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Covert Ops

Sleep Robin Hood